Labels

Monday, August 6, 2012

Needle Work Needle Play - Group Exhibition on Contemporary Embroidery


Well it has been months in the making but I am finally days out from the opening of the group show I've been organising Needle Work Needle Play! It has been alot of hard work but fantastic meeting so many awesome artists and would like to say a big thanks to them for participating in the show and putting up with all the annoying emails I sent them. 

I might also make a few special mention thanks to Emma Greenwood for coming up with the awesome show title, MaricorMaricar for designing and stitching the title and Evie Barrow from Handmade Romance for designing our digital invite.

We have had some great press in the lead up to the show including articles on Yenmang.net and the Frankie Blog. I have also been doing an artist feature series over at our blog so to find out more about all the artists involved click here.

Lastly, here is a little sneak preview of the work I have made for the show - I am so happy to have finally finished it! The show will be opening Friday 10th August, 6pm at the Brunswick Street Gallery.



No comments: